Within the framework of the project BELIEVE, representatives from each of the 6 public platforms, namely the head platform and the local authority delegates, together with the project manager Olga Zhovtonog, «Primavera» and director of «GoLOCAL» Volodymyr Glukhov, made a study visit to the Netherlands.
As a result of the visit, the participants learned:
- Examples of good governance in the Netherlands;
- Government activity monitoring processes;
- The results of local rural development projects with the participation of representatives from government agencies (RVO), Province of Utrecht, a local group of LEADER, which is part of the Dutch program on rural development 2014-2020., funded by the EU from the European agricultural fund.
During the trip, 12 pilot business projects of rural development from public platforms were presented, two from each territory. The opportunities for cooperation with representatives of Dutch companies that took part in the meeting were discussed.
NGO GoLOCAL is a partner of International NGO “Primavera” within the Matra project “Initiate Society Power in Land Reform and Rural Development” implemented with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands and the Embassy of the Netherlands in Ukraine.
The main objective of the project is participation of the public in the implementation of the “State Strategy for development of agriculture and rural areas for the period 2020” of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food, through the following measures:
- Projecting 12 regional plans for rural development;
- Monitoring of reforms necessary to implement these plans, government programs and legislation.