Ecological aspect. Carbon oxides, carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide emitted by the existing public transport have an enormous negative impact on human health and climate.
Motor vehicle fleet wear. 82.2 % of public vehicles in Ukraine require replacement or major repairs (statistic data as of 2015).
The main goal:
Promote the electric public transport in Ukraine (e-buses) and launch a pilot (demo) project in Bila Tserkva by attracting grant funds from donor organization.
- Information campaign for Bila Tserkva residents on e-buses popularization
- E-bus demonstration review
- Roundtable: Ministry of infrastructure, local authorities, representatives of the public, importers of e-buses and donors agreeing on technical, organizational and financial aspects of the project
- Stage of negotiations with donors
- Contractual stage
- Purchase of 10 e-buses and all relevant equipment; placing them on the Bila Tserkva books
- After 1 year of e-buses pilot operation in BilaTserkva, conduct a pan-Ukrainian conference on the project results
- Residents of Bila Tserkva are aware of the advantages of e-buses
- All stakeholders have agreed on the main technical, organizational and financial aspects
- Local authorities and the donor have agreed on all contractual aspects and have signed the legal papers
- One route in Bila Tserkva is completely equipped with e-buses and all the necessary equipment
- The results of the pilot project prove to local authorities of Ukrainian cities the efficiency of electric public vehicles
- Local authorities all-over Ukraine are ready to begin transport modernization by means of e-buses
Main characteristics of E-bus:
Electric motor – 200 kW
Charging time – 1-3 hours
Driving range – up to 300 km
The maximum speed – 70 km/hour
Major repairs – 1 time in 10 years
•The price of an electric bus is 2,5 times higher than that of a conventional bus, but
•The owning cost of electric buses is 17% less than buses with internal combustion engines
•Payback period 5-6 years
- GoLOCAL has become a member of the One Planet network Sustainable Public Procurement Program!
- GoLOCAL is the first Ukrainian organization to become a member of Sustainable development solutions network!
- GoLOCAL NGO has signed a memorandum of cooperation with Lugansk State Medical University!
- GoLOCAL and GIZ Ukraine grantwriting trainings for energy managers – done!
- A new Public Procurement Law is an important step towards EU environmental standards