We have great Christmas news!
As part of a project “Supporting Ukrainian displaced universities”, funded by the US embassy, we already started the procurement process for Lugansk State Medical University.
So this 2020 year students will start with brand new:
– Equipment for the University Publishing Center: large Minolta MFP, color printer, laminator, guillotine (cutter), computer;
– Equipment for the Telemedicine Center: computer, monitor, webcam, speakers, projector, projection screen, negatoscope;
– Software for computer update;
– 2 computers for the TISC Regional Center (to be created in 2020);
– Books for the library stock (1010 pieces).
Recall, this grants program is designed to support innovative and impactful projects to support displaced Ukrainian universities, their faculty, students and staff, and the communities that they now serve.
What is provided by our project?
This project, administrated by GoLOCAL NGO on behalf of the displaced Lugansk State Medical University will enhance the capacity of the university to provide quality, modern, and innovative medical education in an area of Ukraine where it is deeply needed.
This program will create a
- telemedicine unit at LSMU
- regional TISC center
- publishing center
The university will be provided with modern electronic resources and technologies.
Also we are planning to strengthen collaboration with other medical universities in Ukraine and provide a series of study tours to support the professional development of students and medical professionals at the LSMU.
The big idea of this project is to support not only the displaced university but also to improve the health options available to the communities close to the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine.