Heat transport system “CHP – city” has a length of 4 km and unfortunately it is now in pretty bad condition. In 2004, the State Research Institute of Building Structures, recognized technical state of the heat transport system from CHP (Combined heat and power plant) to the city Bila Tserkva “unfit for normal operation” (category III) or “emergency” (category IV). The reconstruction will prevent many accidents that cause interruption of coolant and also becoming a result of additional operating costs.
Getting a loan for reconstruction of CHP heat transport system of the Bila Tserkva will reduce heat losses during its transportation from 40% (current state) to 5.7% (expected loss network after reconstruction), which in turn will lead to a corresponding reduce the cost of thermal energy for the community.
The project aims to conduct thermo-modernization of Heat transport system “CHP – city”. This will ensure the stable operation of the transport system and allow avoiding emergencies which may lead to negative environmental and technological consequences. Reconstruction of Heat transport system will enable the CHP Plant to provide heat energy efficiently and safely for Levanevskogo and Tomylivskyy districts that comprises about one-third of the consumers of the centralized heat system of the city, including:
- 105 multi-storey residential buildings (mostly modular prefab houses) with more than 42K habitants;
- 5 schools (4624 students and 436 employees);
- 9 pre-school education facilities (2442 students and 583 employees);
- 4 health care facilities: 3 branches of city children’s clinic and children’s health center “Chance”;
- regional boarding school of physical culture and sports (214 students and 114 employees);
- “Mechanic and Energy College” of Bila Tserkva (579 students and 56 employees);
- after school education facilities, culture and recreation facilities, pharmacies, shops and more.
Preliminary evaluation of the project showed that it is self-sustaining (the billing period debt by saving on energy payment – 17 years).
Terms of loan:
- The maturity of the loan – up to 22 years;
- Grace Period – 5 years;
- Interest rate – 1.31% per annum;
- The City provides financial guarantees to the Bank;
- Repayment – equal semi-annual instalments;
- Tender procedure will be held by the EIB (international standard).
Experts of the NGO GoLOCAL provided consulting and communication support to the members of the City Council in the preparation of project documentation and negotiations with the IFIs on the possibility of getting a loan.